HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cover scent on boots
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:04 PM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Patrick Eubanks
Doug,
You have to realize that not everyone hunts where you hunt and conditions are different regionally.
Deer here where I hunt will bust you from your scent trail going into the stand. Its already happened to me this year. Im not hunting year old does from a ground blind in 20 MPH wind. If you leave a scent trail in these cut downs you are busted.
To answer the question, I wear rubber boots and try and wash them in a ditch on the way into the stand. When rut kicks in I will use estrous pee on the heel of my boot.
Good Luck
Patrick I have hunted all over the USA! Bow Hunted some of the toughest conditions and did not worry about scent control. Played the wind, patterned the deer, set up, be still and quite and killed deer. This works for me. If you want or need to use scent control do it. The OP's question was which scent would you use walking in. I answered truthfully. The does at 10 yrd vid was to show beginners you can get close to deer in any condition. FYI I was not hunting them or you would have seen the kill shot! Thanks and have a great season!
Live it up! Doug