HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Mismanagement of the PA Deer Herd
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
Doug, your post confirms one thing, that as city slickers moves out into the country, that more and more land is being bought up and access into those areas - where you claim to have deer is being closed to the public.

It's illegal to hunt within 150 yards of any inhabited building and no one allows hunters to hunt next to their horse pastures.
So basically when you bought the land and closed it off to hunting - you in turn created another one of those deer sanctuary area's that I was talking about. Good Job..
First of all,I've never lived anywhere near a city so I'm far from a city slicker.Second of all,the saftey zone during archery season is 50 yards,not 150 yards and with permission from the landowner,you can hunt right from a building if that's what you want to call hunting.Third,I didn't post anything and would actually feel ridiculous posting a mear postage stamp of 12 acres.I even left a 10 ft wide girth between the woods and my horse pasture so the locals can ride their 4 wheelers through.On top of that,none of the property that surounds my property is posted that I'm aware of and it all gets hunted very heavily.