HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Magnus Buzz Cut Broadheads -- Anyone tried them?
Old 10-08-2010, 11:00 AM
BillBrasky
Fork Horn

"if you have a 300+ bow I wouldn't go with them... they'll plane on you about 25 yards out. missed a 6 point tonight do to that and changing heads for tomorrow."

bowhuntre, I am using a diamond razor set at 28" and a 50 lb draw length so I don't think I will be shooting over 300 fps. BTW, why did you take a shot at a 6 pointer? Let that little guy grow up some!

"I can't believe a doctor is recommending a serrated edge over a smooth edge in a broadhead. The fact is that a cut from a sharp smooth edge promotes massive bleeding while a cut with a serrated edge promotes faster clotting."

Bigbulls, while it's true that more torn tissue will signal for more coagulation factors to be released it's also true that a large and jagged wound will have more trouble closing. Also, the doctor I'm referencing used to be a county coroner before he left to work at the student health center on campus, so I'm guessing he has seen his fair share of gnarly wounds.

But from what everyone has said, I could go either way on the stingers vs the buzz cuts. The price is right and it's great that magnus stands by their product so strongly.