HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3006 - Reloader22 - 165gr ???
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Colorado Cajun
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skeeter 7MM
Sorry didn't realize you had troubles with 4350IMR...duh! Try the 19 if your buying powder anyway, you may find a winner. Led to believe IB's either shoot or don't...that is how I ended up with oodles in .284, shooting friend couldn't get them going and what was his headache became mine. So far 2 rifles have shot them extremely well and 3 others not so well. Good luck
Thanks! With 180 grain Partitions and Sierra Prohunters my gun seems to like RL22 over IMR4350. It not a huge difference in accuracy but enough to decide on RL22 for my hunting load.

With the few 165 gr bullets I tried, I didn't get the results I had hoped for either with IMR4350. I had loaded sets of 4 starting at the minimum working up in .5 gr. increments up to max and then took the best groups and went up and down by .2 gr. to test. Also played with OAL.

I'm still new at this and only been reloading for less then a year so I have plenty of options to still play with for my 06. Is H4350 a totally different powder then IMR4350?

Thanks,
Mitch