HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have hunting lease for sale?
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 06:47 AM
PY Antlers
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Mr. Deer Hunter
I think that you have one problem - that is that you have not specified where you wish to hunt or how far you are willing to travel.

From my personal observations - a food plot is only good for about 2 0r 3 years before it needs to be replanted anyways and spraying Round Up on a food plot is not always a bad thing. But the price of the round up would be cost prohibitive. You couldn't buy enough of it to make a difference on a 5 acre field.

I bought a gallon last summer and sprayed twice around the foundation of my house and some weeds growing up out of the sidewalk and it is already 3/4 empty.

You would need a helicopter and a 55 gallon drum of Agent Orange to kill a 5 acre field.
Spraying Roundup on a food plot is the only way to kill the compitition weeds and grasses. If your not getting results from the product its probably because the stuff you get from Walmart is crap! We spray it on our food plots all the time, mixing 2 gal with 100 gal. of water and it kills everything. There again mr deer hunter, you don't know what your talking about.