View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

HOLY COW!!!!!
Name:  big-deer-792424.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  19.5 KB
went to a buddy of mines grandparents house...
just a lil 15 acre piece covered in pine trees..
literally the tree's were to close to each other...
turned out to be a total score...
my buddy drank til 6am...but i got up, went and sat in a tri-pod i put up the nite before....
at the crack of day break, the deer started pouring in....dang adrenaline shake, and i aint even thought about taking anything yet lol
i had 5 deer under me at all times..at least 20 more walking around outta distance....but i could see em between the tree's walking around. I waited and waited for this buck i saw the nite before...(we tried to get in an evening hunt the nite before, but my buddy scared em out the back field, and i got to see him (the bigger buck) leaving.
so i waited and waited and waited...
i just couldnt take it anymore...lined up on a doe and let er fly....dinged off a branch and i never found the arrow...soo thick grrrr
the sight distance was clear, but not the flight path....i had learned this lesson already..so anyway all the deer under me run oft...another adrenaline shake....
so i climbed down and walk over and into this 5 foot deep dry creek bed....wow, is it an express lane or what...totally awesome!!!!
i slivered through the property undetected...from one end to the other..this is great!!!
i get about half way down this dry creek bed, and pop up and look...4 deer over yonder...i creep on up...take another peek, careful to go slow and use the tree's and brush on the creek bank as cover.....THERE HE IS...OMG...my hearts pounding and moving into my throat....the creek bed is 5 feet high, and straight up and down and i cant quite shoot because the bank is too high....
so i stay with him...he has another small buck and 2 does tagin along...they are foraging parallel to this creek im in ....this is great..cause the tree's and the creek come together to a point down a lil ways...it will give me a good shot..i make double time down this creek bed, a lil mud, but alot of boulders, easy to walk on, extra quiet..compared to the pine needles and oak leaves that are on the ground up there...i keep a stern eye on him, as they go through the tree's, all i can see is bits and pieces of them as they walk by, mostly shadows....but its happenin...they are headed at an angle toward the creek......i traverse the creek to the spot i think they are gonna cross.....there are a bunch of big tracks in the bottom of the creek where some deer had apparently went through...i take another peek..here they come... adrenaline hits me early...i tell myself to get a grip, i cant even hold my arrow on rest im shakin so bad....deep breaths..deep breaths..omg..i hear a crunch.. "o crap its show time"...draw my bow back ..slowly lift up out the creek, (its only 3 feet deep here), i have eyes on him as they come out behind the tree's.....here we go...peep to 20 yard pin.....deer walks out...crap it aint him...its a doe..crap they switched places..."take the shot on the doe" i say to me..."NOOOO" i yell in my head...."WAIT FER THE FRIGGEN BUCK!!!" i say to me..
so i slowly lower back down... absolutely wore out from holdin the bow drawn back...not to mention its my 3rd adrenaline shake of the morning, ..anyways..im totally spent....but i take a peep up again and here goes another doe and that lil buck..who i appropriately named 4 point...head back down, adjust feet, cause i was slidin on the bank...another peek, there goes ol brush pile head...he had 6 strong points, looks like a 17-20 inch spread..and i aint sure but at least 3 stickers...but he looks right at me....i just freeze..its like 10 minutes...just my eyes and top of my head stickin up in some tall grass, but he has me pegged...i slowly...ever so slow....like the opposite of a million miles an hour...take my head down back into the creek..move a few feet forward, look back up and he is still looking at where i was a second ago...but i have no shot at all...so i stealth-fully run down the creek about 30 feet or so..i go to poke my head up, i see an antler and an eye ball..."o crap" i say to me as i duck back down....go fer another look, but before i can.. i see the antler comin at me..so i duck more..its still coming..."draw your bow dumarse" i say to me...woop, drawn back, pointed up and here he comes looking down in the creek at me....its the stinkin 4 point....i stay drawn and still as can be..certainly he can see me shaking im thinkin, but he just keeps looking at me...omg its an eternity im tellin ya...what was probably 3-5 minutes, but felt like 30 with that bow drawn back...i couldnt hold it any more, i let the tension off the bow and fell to the bank..awwww i was so tired....they all run oft when i fell to the bank and 4 point chit his pants and ran outta there like a floppy great dane lol
as you are figuring out, that aint me and that aint my deer in the pic up there lol...had ta get ya goin, as thats how i was feeling lol chit out of luck lol
all in all was a good time, i was a lil impressed with my stealthiness, but need improvement fer sure..gonna go back in a week er so, get in in the mornin again, and the 1st thing walks out is gettin whacked lol

anyone got a good way to beat those premature adrenaline shakes..this wont make you pre-mature anywhere else will it?

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-07-2010 at 07:37 PM.