HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - albinos and pibalds
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Gryan

Default albinos and pibalds

I have a question that I' d like to hear people' s responses to. What do you think about shooting white deer? Not the real white deer that live in upstate NY but the piebald and the albino deer that happen every so often because of a genetic trait. I am not a particularly superstitious guy. I don' t believe that I will not kill another deer for seven years or whatever if I shoot one. I treat all my deer with respect and I have certain rituals that I do after most kills. Some people think that these deer are sacred or blessed by the gods. The reason I am curious is on one of my properties to hunt, there is traditionally a white deer or two. This year, there is a nice eight point that almost entirely white. My son, in his first year of hunting, wants no other deer more than this one. He had to pass this buck up at about ten yards because in NJ we have to shoot a doe first. nw he is determined since on Saturday, we can start to shoot bucks. So lets hear what you guys think about shooting these deer.

Greg