HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Mismanagement of the PA Deer Herd
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
TheBoneGrinders
Spike

yup plenty of food here, farms, farms and in the woods so much to browse, just no deer or should i say doe anymore to browse, few buck around but not to many. been hunting and trapping this blue mtn for over 27 years it is at its worst. we live right at the base of the mtn and plant sweet corn have many other garden veggies that haven't had a deer browse my plots for over 6 years i know because i always have a game cam somewhere around the plots, yes once in a great while we will get a single doe come to get something from the patches but not like 7-8 years ago when you see 10-15 doe in a group. always planted extra just for the deer, but now mostly rots right in the fields, but the wild birds do love it come mid winter.

me and my wife used to both get doe tags for 4c back some years ago and harvest them which in turn we were also part of the problem., but we no longer even purchase them and its been over 5 years since not applying for one because we wouldn't even think of shooting one at this point in time just not justifiable here,

i don't allow anyone access to my property either for fear of them shooting anything that is left that may have a chance to survive because of this choice.. .

even my 70 year old dad gave up hunting totally because of the way things are now esp the way doe are killed off, it should have never gone on this long with the two full weeks of killing doe in rifle, i was hoping it would have changed for this year but not so, it will take many many many years to ever see anything like it used to be, but that day will come as the hunter population dies out and looses interest in ti. however i will hunt buck, turkey, bear till i cant walk anymore or they to disappear from the woods as well..

Last edited by TheBoneGrinders; 10-06-2010 at 03:41 AM. Reason: spelling