HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3
Thread: Team 3
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Huntinlady
Fork Horn

Congrats to ya Christine!!! Nice job. Have you eaten her back straps yet? Just think about them is making me hungry! Yum... Have ya ever been so hungry in the stand and a deer walks by and ya and you think mmmmm how good a steak would be right now.

Jnrbronc- your hunt sounded a bit like my hunt, they will be going strong by the time you get back from your trip. Well I headed out on friday morn and I seen about 15 does and yearlings a bunch of little S**TER bucks. I think they need some steroids in there diet.
I did take a few pics while I was out with my phone found some pretty interesting things.

First thing I found some mary j plants growing on the outside of the corn rows. I did take a pic of it but I am not going to post that one.

The next thing I found was a few tomato plants in field I picked the ripe one.

Last night I climbed into my latter stand I sat and watched a few deer here and there, I had a little yearling come in looking for mama not sure where she was..?? but the little one came right to my stand then pondered around the area so I decided to see how my bleat call was working and the little one fell for it hook line and sinker. Then all of a sudden I hear something terrible sound it was like something choking on a hair ball and it was right there!!

I look all around me and I see nothing!! I think that is so weird ??? WHAT THE HECK?? I looked to my right and see a few more deer coming in and I got focused on them. Then it got to the time the big guys will be moving in that area and I hear some scratching and I look up and not 5 feet from me was a raccoon!! OH **** I jump up and went to grab my bow and thought to myself coon season is NOT OPEN YET! So I just grab a arrow out of my quiver and point it at him and tell him to just go down that side of the tree and he kept coming at me and at this point the only thing between me and him was another stand we have up above me. And I am thinking how dumb,,, whats the difference between me with the arrow or shooting him with the bow??? Self-defense? Well anyway....

I finally told him YOU WIN and I will just get down and wait for you to leave. I got down and stood there waiting for him to go and he went into the v of the tree which was right behind my latter stand, he kept peeking out at me and would not leave!! I needed my stuff at least my keys to get home. I can come back later for the rest. It started to get pretty dark and I figure I need to climb up before it gets to dark and I can keep my eye on him. And then I hear a deer BLOW (first time this year) I turn around and there is a small buck and 3 more whitetails in the air running away!! I look back at the coon and say see what you did!!!!

I slowly and with caution slid up my stand and all the while looking right at him grabbed my pack and my bow real quick and thank goodness that I had a bow hanger that hung out so far. I left the rest of my stuff and will get it later. I got out of there with out a scratch LOL and I had a great weekend even if I got chased out of my stand by a raccoon!!

I am going to try to post a couple pics from the woods they are not real good but the last one has the coon coming down the tree.

So Sorry I guess this is a long post. Just thought I would share.

I hope everyone is doing well and I cant wait to see what is instore for all this year.
Attached Images