HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team "10" Most Wanted
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:00 PM
trophy_Hunter_22
Fork Horn

well guys I have been away for a while, (marriage, & honeymoon)...and now back to deer hunting. Missed the Kansas opener , but Opening day in Arkansas was this weekend, hunted ark. friday all day, and sat. morning. Missed a buck that was on my hit list, shot right under him. Hit a limb in the tree that i am in. got down to check my arrow and it was clean, and a doe was standing ten yards away. I didn't have my bow, so told her i was going to kill her if i came back and she was there...she was still there so 1 doe down. Went to Kansas for the evening hunt and check cameras. Bucks have gone into lock down and not moving during the daylight hours. Hunted that evening but saw nothing but does. Well now to the good stuff... I hunted ark. this evening, and it was real quiet till the bucks started streaming in. they were walking down a trail 10yds from me. I seen the number 2 hit list buck in the back. He stopped and made a rub on a tree, and a scrap...then here he comes.... came through my little window in the woods...and needless to say he is dead. He is not a giant, but he is the second biggest deer that I have on camera this year in Arkansas. Think he is just over a 100", I will get the details posted. I wanted to get one of the Kansas deer first for the team, but I couldn't pass him up. The place I hunt in Ark. has a real bad problem of poachin, so if i didnt someone would of. .....

Were on the board team....