HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #4 Bone Brothers
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM
jkoch89
Spike

Just got back from my opening day morning hunt and i am still speechless. I had a 2 does come in at 25 yards an hour after sunrise and shot the first one. I spined it and it dropped to the ground immediately. It was paralyzed and layed there for a few minutes but started to roll around so i decided i would get down and slit its throat to put it out of its misery. I got half way down my treestand and she got up and ran off. There was no blood trail to follow so i tracked it in the direction i saw it run. I jumped a deer while tracking so i backed off and waited an hour. I knew it would stay inside the woods and go to where the woods gets thick and comes to a point. So when i came back i started at the point and jumped a deer on the east side of the point. I immediately ran over to the west side and it was standing 20 yards away so i shot. This time i hit the lungs and it ran 70 yards and died. I went to pick up the deer and to my amazment it was a different deer. I was almost certain it was the same deer by the way it was acting but it wasnt. So i started to look around the woods for the other one and could not find it. I looked for roughly an hour. The woods is only 25 acres big so there wasnt a big area to cover. Im going to go back out there this afternoon and look again but i dont think i will find it. My question is do you think its possible that the deer is still alive and has this ever happened to anyone?