HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Relocated to the South, Need Advice!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Welcome to HNI,
I've been hunting in central Florida since..about 6 years now..maybe 7.
BOOTS
From my research you really don't need "Snakeboots" I use the LaCrosse Burley boots. They are pretty thick rubber and we got about 60 inches of rain so far this year..water will be an issue..I saw a pretty good snake video in my classroom last year..and a man in a snake pit of diamond backs was striken by rattlers..they never pentetrated the rubber boots. I ordered the best snake boots made from Cabelas..I could tell they were going to wear blisters on my feet so I returned them..This of course is my opinion follow your conscience.I wear La Crosse Burly rubber boots. 69.00

Hunting...hunting in our WMA is flat out tough...Your best shot at scoring is during archery because then and only then can you take a doe. Our deer taste wonderful down here. You will need to scout , scout and scout to score..luck rarely works here. Turkey hunting is decent here as well. Obey the rules as you will be stopped by a gamewarden. Unlike the north hunting..you rarely hear the deer or hogs..they will just appear out of no where because our swamp floor is damp..so use your eyes alot.Most of our deer are in the 100-110 pound range but I've seen them as big as 190..There are some brutes in there with nice chocolate racks.

God bless ,
Chuck7