HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting Blunders
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 07:11 AM
sunjbr
Spike

My biggest blunder of all. It happened 10 years ago when I was 16 and it Was shooting an Albino doe.

I was walking out of the woods with my climber because of it being dark in the woods. When I made it out to the field there stood the Albino looking away from me. So I laid my stand down and crawl within 40 yards and shot. I hit the deer in the spine and it dropped. So I decided to leave the deer and go get a truck. When I was walking back to my car with the treestand my shoulder straps broke on the stand but managed to carry it to the car. I drove down over the hill to the farm to get a truck. Told my grandparents the story and we jumped in and went to pick up the deer. When we got to the deer it was sadly still alive. So i went to grab the knife on my side to finish it but it was gone. So my pap made me use a hammer from the truck because he was upset i shoot his white deer and made a poor shot. I needed to gut him and didnt have a knife so I had to use a little pocket knife. Which was terrible.

So finally got the deer loaded up and was getting ready to head home when I found my deer knife laying outside my car door.

So with shooting the albino. I had terrible luck and will never think about shooting another one again.