HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - obvious problem in colorado II
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 AM
jpron
Spike

Angry obvious problem in colorado II

I just returned from colorado elk hunting and exprienced the same problem as buckalley, only a little worse. SHEEP!!. The local rancher leased the grazing rights to this area where I was hunting. He didn't move the sheep in until sept 1. There were 3 non english speaking gentlemen riding horses with dogs constantly. They would push these sheep back about about 3 miles and then push them down to a big basin. The basin is public ground. A hunter camping next to us went down there and was greeted by the ranchers outfitting service, along with the eight hunters and four guides and was basically told to find someplace else to hunt. I ussually give people the benefit of the doubt, but what got me the most was when I met one of these sheep herders riding through the woods yelling and dogs barking, but no sheep within a mile of him. I wonder what he was trying to chase towards that basin? worst of all they even pushed sheep right trough our camp. talk about a stinky mess. I am a farmer and there is only 1 reason to move these animals, to move elk. There was tremendous vegitation for them to feed on, and they just kept pushing them through it. who can I file a complaint with? I guess it may be easier to just find a new elk hunting state!