HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - good deer call
Thread: good deer call
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2010, 06:58 AM
sussexhunter
Fork Horn

i have used rattle bags and grunts before. I quit using them for this reason. I am not saying they dont work, but think of it this way. most people want to kill a nice mature buck. a nice mature buck hhas got that way by dodging hunters as well as knowing when to walk away. i believe if a big buck is challenged he will fight, but why would he go looking for one. a grunt is great for calling a deer back sometimes. maybe they got a little sppoked and they are just walking away. use that grunt to just let them know, hey that sound was a deer come on back. i dont like to just grunt when i see nothing because you never know when a deer has snuck within 20 yards of you and then all you are doing is saying hey im a hunter with this years latest grunt call. what you do is your decision, but remember that when you use either make sure there are no deer close by and make sure they are not looking at. also be prepared to make you shot right after you use them because you might no have the oppurtunity for much movement