HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team #4 Bone Brothers
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:43 PM
BigDaddy12t
Giant Nontypical

Well, had a good and a bad night in the stand tonight. Good is, I have never had that many deer around me while on stand! THey were everywhere from about 6:30 until dark. Bad is, I took a shot at a buck, but when I did, my top limb on my bow hit my bow hanger..... no idea where my arrow went, and now my string is wrapped around the top limb, and the bow is all twisted! Ater the shot, I got to watch as my buck ran off, and met up with another smaller buck, they started fighting, I mean really pushing each other around, and going at it. Then the smaller buck ran of, and the one I shot at came back, and I listened to it make a rub on a tree not 20 yards from my tree. (it was too thick to see him). After that, he went out into the bean field that the farmer disked not one hour before. Got to watch him feed or about a half hour. At least I didnt wound him, and maybe I will meet up with him another time. The whole time he was feeding in the bean field, I had a doe about 5 yards rom the base o my tree. She had a bad front leg, (not sure what was wrong with it, it looked all deformed) Oh well, looks like I will be heading to my archery shop to see what the damage is