HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - H&R SLUG HUNTER DELUXE WITH THUMBHOLE
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 09:01 AM
uncle matt
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by chammons
I have a 20ga H&R that i'm shooting Hornady SST out of. the gun is brand new and shoots pretty well.. the only problem I am having is that the spent shell won't eject.. after every shot I have to use a ramrod down the barrel to poke out the shell. I haven't had a chance to get the gun looked at, but I'm still confident that the gun is overall reliable.
That not ejecting is not too uncommon. Take the ejector apart yourself. Don't let the spring get away from you. Look inside for any small metal shavings or pieces from the machining process. Clean it out with solvent and let it dry well. Take the ejector itself and lap it just a minute on a fine file of sandpaper on a flat surface. Clean that real well too. Then reassemble it. I recommend a using some LPS greaseless-lubricant in there as it dries to a non-greasy so lint, dust fired powder doesn't stick to it like an oil.

Also some guys like to put a BB in as a spring spacer. (the BB goes in before the spring) It gives the shell more pop when ejected.