HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Erratic arrow flight
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
lcacnav
Spike

Default Erratic arrow flight

Hi folks, I'm new here so forgive me if I don't understand some of the terms or systems with tuning bows but I am a fast learner.

I picked up a used Barnett Sidewinder compound box last year. I have no manual or info on the bow except for the barely readable sticker on it. Its not a crossbow, I guess Barnett only makes crossbows now.

As far as the bow specs go, its a 29inch draw, 50lb and I am shooting easton st arrows at 29 or 30 inches, and a 100 grain cheapo walmart broadhead.

Last year I shot this setup all year and had no problems with the setup. I started sighting it in this year for bow season and I have developed a side to side wobble on the arrow at 20 yds and worse at30yds.

I've checked for cable contact and can't tell if it is or not. I'm running a whisker biscuit with the black brissles down and the odd fletching on the arrows to the left as the bow is held.

I tried lighter arrows, same thing happened, then I tried a heavier aluminum arrow, same thing happened. I've put heavier broadheads on and that doesn't change anything.

The only thing I can think of is the wisker biscuit is not lined up properly or the fletching is hitting the cable on its way thru but it sure looks like theres plenty of clearance throughout the draw.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, the arrows hit exactly where I want them to, but it wobbles side to side on the way to the target.

Also, if any can direct me to a manual for this thing I would be in your debt!