HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting Blunders
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
NEBRbruiser
Fork Horn

Well this makes me mad everytime telling this story but I guess. Last year I bought a bow in about July to take up bow hunting. Had a bunch of game cam pics of two real nice shooters, 150 range. So I got all geared up and practiced shooting, etc. The third time in my stand sure enough one of these shooter bucks was chasing a doe and the does fawn came right under my stand and sure enough the doe followed the fawn and shortly here came the buck. He stopped about 40 yards looking at me in the buck brush but didn't spook. The doe at this time was coming right towards me which was perfect. So next thing I know I told myself when this buck walks past this next tree I'm drawing back the shot will be 30 yards. So he walks past the tree I stand up and go to draw back and my release lets go about 1/4 way back sending the arrow sailing effortlessly at him and it spooked him just enough to turn around and be RIGHT behind a tree, NO SHOT. WOW!!!!! Can you believe that??? I still can't! What a joke, still sick and have not seen the buck since.