HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Down
Thread: Bear Down
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 05:10 PM
mconwa951
Fork Horn

Default Bear Down

Well back in July I had a bear destroy my deer feeder by a trail camera we had set up on a piece of property I have to hunt on just a few miles outside the Mpls St Paul metro area here in MN. Well it is considered a no quota zone so you can buy a lic right over the counter and hunt them here so that is what I did.
Started baiting a few weeks ago and last night was the bear season opener here in MN. Went out and baited him but this time when the 4 wheeler drove away there was two of us sitting there waiting.
The brush there is solid buckthorn the only way through it is to crawl basically or cut a path after about 2 hrs we could see a black blob in the brush pacing back and forth and after about 15 min he comitted. I was able to take him on the ground eye to eye at 7 yds with my mathews dxt using my rage 2 blades he went aboiut 50 yds and piled up.
He is my first bear I know he is no monster but an average bear in MN i think, but at 7yds on the grounds he looked like a monster to me. He dressed out at 168lbs.
It was a lot of work involved in getting him and I have about 1000 trail camera pics of him I will almost miss going to the property to see what he had destroyed every week.
Attached Images