HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I wrong?
Thread: Am I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 PM
*twodogs*
Fork Horn

Everyone assumes the brother-in-law is going to be a terrible shot...let him pick up a bow and see how he does. It may come natural to him, you won't know until he is in a stand drilling arrows into a 3D target.

I agree, you've done all the work, so if you put him up wind of you then I would tell him what you are doing and why. It may provide the motivation your brother-in-law needs to get out in the field with you and work together increasing your hunting spots.

Unfortunately, to me this thread is beginning to smell of the "bow hunters vs the orange army" complaining I hear all the time. Some really elitist comments from some of you that in my opinion, further divide the gun hunters from the bow hunters.

We are all hunters, so help each other out.....get a bow in his hand as soon as you can and help him understand the differences between the two. My dad quit hunting last year and a buddy I bow hunt with all the time is calling it quits as well. Don' turn away those that are interested and don't use them for your benefit as well, be upfront with them and I'm sure things will work out in everyone's favor.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-02-2010 at 12:06 PM.