HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Racks Craze
Thread: Big Racks Craze
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 02:02 PM
StealthHtr22
Fork Horn

Deer hunting now is not the same as it was in the seventies. My dad always said when he was growing up, especially around here, just bagging a deer was a good accomplishment. He said the herds just weren't as plentiful. You can make your own opinion about that...

I too think many hunters also have their own objectives when hunting. A lot od hunters, especially those new to the sport, will shoot anything. Many, like you Doetrain, just enjoy the woods, and bagging a deer for meat and pleasure. There is nothing wrong with that. But I don't care who you are, the majority of the human race is competitive. I think you'll find many guys go after trophy bucks for the challenge. I know I constantly try to look for more challenges in hunting, and in life itself. I know for me once, I was at the age & experience level that I had no problem getting deer with in range on a consistent basis, I became picky. It's a different type of challenge to pattern & kill a big mature buck.

Deer hunting is what you make it and what you enjoy...so keep enjoying it and until you decide to change your ways, keep doing what you're doing.