HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Racks Craze
Thread: Big Racks Craze
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:13 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Question Big Racks Craze

I'm new to Deer hunting,I'm 54 and was raised in the city most of my life so hunting is not something I was aware of growing up. I know a few people who have Deer hunted down through the years and I don't remember them being so much concerned about how big a set of antlers their Deer had. It seemed to me just geting one and it having a lot of meat is what mattered most. But now it seems what matters most is how nice of a rack it has. When did this become the most important thing when it comes to shooting a Deer? I don't think it's wrong to be excited about baging a nice trophy Buck but the shows seem to put all the focus on this alone 90% of the time. I'll be honest with you just seeing and baging a deer period is a great satisfaction to me. Just like shooting a Turkey even if he is only a nice Jake satisfies me as well. I consider having success on a hunt baging the game you went out to hunt and enjoying the whole expierence not just geting a trophy as being the measure of success. Do you agree?