HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed Hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I thought I was going to get laid off last October 1st but somehow USPS came through and renewed our contract. I inspect post office buildings for repairs. I guess we'll always have stuff to fix. I was all ready for 3 months of hunting, but it was not to be. I am 50 years old and have never collected one unemployment check in my life. I worked for myself for 20 of the years. Since I have 3 kids I'd get a full check from Illinois if I ever applied.

You are certainly lucky to have a wife that works. Mine flushed her 4 year college degree and never paid a penny for our family bills. What a total joke. That is why she is my ex-wife now. Since then, all my dates have good jobs. Wow did I ever find a loser. All 4 of my sisters have professional careers and always supported their families in hard times. Those who still claim being a housewife is a full time job are delussional. My ex layed in bed watching Jerry Springer for 5 hours a day. All of my sister's families get all the housework and kid schooling/activites just fine sharing the load.

Look at the bright side and enjoy your hunting, then look for a job come January.