HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Unemployed Hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Talking Unemployed Hunters

I was wondering how many of you my fellow Hunters are currently out of work? I will be joining your ranks very shortly unless a financial miracle takes place at our company. Like so many small buisnesses and major corporations we are feeling the crunch of a slugish economy. Our sales have droped 80% in the past two years and I'm surprised we have remained open this long. I'm trying to look for a bright spot in all this and by the grace of GOD there are a few. One possible good one is that if I do get laid off I will have unemployment to help pay the bills until I find work,a real chore in this economy for a guy 55 with limited skills. My wife is a Nurse and makes good money and that will help us keep our home. Deer season is not far away and I hope the added stress of not being employed does'nt ruin my favorite time of the year. I must admit some selfishness in all this though and that is that I will have a lot of time to hunt if I get laid off. That part of it I kind of like,having more time in the woods while I search for work in between. Anyone else in a similar situation? How are you dealing with it and has it affected your hunting enjoyment in a negative way? I think most of us want to work and provide for our families it's part of what makes us men and helps us to be fulfilled in life. I hope bringing home some meat will help me through this struggle of being a hunter,gatherer and protector of my family. Did'nt mean to take so long sharing but hey we all need some encouragement and to know others are where your headed and that they are dealing with it and can share some real world realities.