HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Bible_Man
Nontypical Buck

I missed my only shot at a buck last year with a bow too...really nice 8 that I will hunt again this year. He was at 38 yards and not going to get any closer...pretty sure he laid down on the ground when I shot. Went right over his back. Got a few really nice bucks on 3 of the properties I will be hunting. There are a total of 8 bucks on these properties combined that range between 120"-150". One other property has only one good buck that I know of on it...40 acres in city limits (therefore bow only). He is at least 160"...been frustrating the past hunter of the property for 4 years. I lucked up and got to get the right to hunt the property last year after his health went south and he gave up hunting...that makes 5 years, with my first included that he has been evading us. Absolute monster mainframe 8 with a bunch of junk. Saw him once last year at about 65 yards for about 20 seconds and after he left I felt the need to go home and change my drawers. I am very blessed to have some good properties to hunt. Some I can hunt more than others. Also, there are several good deer on the public land I hunt, but the are extremely skittish. This particular WMA seems to be hunted more heavily than any other I have hunted before. It is exciting to have the whole team checked in...hopefully we can have a little luck and bag some bone this year!