HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lock on and sticks
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
MountainHunter
Typical Buck

That Treesuit looks very interesting. It seems like it would be pretty stabilizing, having one or two feet on something (step(s)) and a firm but flexible point of support further up the body (the seat). I usually end up shooting fmr a seated position in my Lone Wolf Alpha Assault, because I don't feel stead without something touching my mid- or upper-body.

But I do have a question: I like keep to a minimum the movement required when it comes time to shoot, and to reduce the time required to take advantage of an unexpected shot opportunity. So I like to keep my bow in-hand most of the time I'm in the tree. I have a rubberized grommet bow holder in the platform of my Alpha, which I use when I'm eating, etc. I like it because it is easy to use, silent and it's closer to hand than reaching back to a bow holder screwed into a tree (although I do have and use one of those I use to hang my pack and water bottle on and to hold my bow while I'm getting settled into the tree stand). I usually just set my bow across my knees with my hand through my hand loop most of the time I'm in the stand.

My question is: Where do you keep your bow close to hand, where it's not in your face? In the video on the website, it's kind of small and hard to tell, but it looks like his bow is hung really high up (hard to reach to screw in the hanger) and hangs right in his face, which would make it hard to relax against the tree.