HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Judge puts wolves back on ESA.
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Gromky
Spike

I'm sorry but I can not make any sense out of that post.

I'll put it more simply.

If they're having to add extra cow hunts at the end of the season it means one thing...the population is screwed up, and more need to be taken. Losing extra chances to kill cows means nothing to a guide, it's not going to hurt their business. Because nobody from out of state is going to pay thousands of dollars to shoot a cow elk.

I'm all for management of wolf numbers. The problem is, our hunting of deer and elk is also based on population numbers as well, and people are freaking out while there is still massive overpopulation in many areas. Look at how long the Idaho wolf hunts took, they really aren't everywhere killing every animal in sight. I wouldn't have personally put them back onto the ESA at this time, but the real impact won't be huge, let them fight it out in the courts and it will be settled. And if you really wanted to shoot a dog just go shoot a coyote. Encouraging people to kill wolves illegally puts a black eye on the hunting community, and sets back arguments that we're reasonable people dealing with population dynamics.

Last edited by Gromky; 08-13-2010 at 11:34 PM.