HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - triumph and 250 gr gold dot/deep curl
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:03 AM
builder459
Nontypical Buck

Default triumph and 250 gr gold dot/deep curl

Well went out to my favorite wash earlier today and got set up to shoot. 50 yd target with new NECG peep installed on rifle. i usually i shoot 250 gr barnes tez 95 gr 777 out of this rifle and they are tack drivers. i bought the 250 gr gold dots to practice with and to use in the wifes wolverine. so i loaded 95 gr 777, crushed rib sabot and the 250 gr GD down the pipe. 3 shot group 2 touched one a lil low, which i feel was me and not the load, just for the hell of it i loaded in a 250 gr TEZ with the same charge and it touched the first 2 in the GD group. pictures to come, i need wife to show me how to Dl pics lol.i must say it was strange shooting with both eyes open with yhe peep sight. left eye had a hard time adjusting to it.but the more i shot the better it felt. to be honest i shot just as well with the original sights.but i think the peep will shine out at 100 yds plus.i also had to hold low on target, i need to order a shorter front sight since i have the peep adjusted all the way down and its hitting really high. just thought i would share the morning..