HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Is it always your spot?
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 AM
tight360
Typical Buck

Default Friends???

Originally Posted by WNYhunter
Yea I see what you are saying. But here is the short version. My brother came into town to hunt and I was on the fence about taking him. The land owner has always been good to me but very strict on his "permission practices". My buddy kinda talked me out of asking for permission. A month later he actually had the balls and asked me to get permission for his father in law to go there. That was when we kinda had it out.

We are good friends, and will stay that way. I was just wondering if anyone else had a situation like this and how they handled it.
This second post kinda of cleared up some questions I had. It sounds to me as if "you alone" have the relationship w/ the owner and not he. Is he allowed to hunt w/o you with him? Point is, I think he is taking advantage of your good will. I would break it down w/ him, let him know about his lack of contribution to both of your good fortune. I've had friends to my place, and I at theirs, we would never take advantage of each other. "you ain't seeing anything, come on up, get some" vice versa. To me, you're letting it happen. If you're real good friends, he'll see the error in his ways, and will work it out for the sake of the relationship. Otherwise you'll continue to stew and lose respect for him until you become "former" friends. It's already started, you posted here.

Last edited by tight360; 08-10-2010 at 09:30 AM.