HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to compare spotting scope quality?
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

I won't purchase any optic From a store unless Im able to check it out first.Lucky for me the owner of the store I go to let's his custumers take a selection of demos to test.
I happened to bring up the conversation to him one day when I was a teenager about testing binos over night.He offered to take me out with a selection on a weekened and a friendship formed.
He is now retired but it is still family operated outfit, and I'm able to still go in and check out new products over night.
I suggest you go to a small local hunting store and talk to them about
possibly loaning a pair to check out if you're willing to purchase from them.Maybe offer to throw down a damage deposit.
I highly doubt big retail outlets would do anything to help you out.
You may be able to purchase cheeper from these places but they are generally less personable when it comes to product testing.I know of people that throw down 4 or 5 times as much money as I do and don't get the treatment I get.I may pay a little more, but I get treated with alot more respect to me that's what counts.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 08-06-2010 at 12:35 PM.