HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Lets share our "not so obvious" bowhunting tips.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:21 PM
steve25
Fork Horn

As stated before if you have a good shot at a deer don't wait for the "Perfect" shot. I too have been burned by this many of times. I would tell my self just one more step and it will be perfect and then more times than not something goes wrong at least for me anyway. If the deer gives me a good shot at under 25 yrds I don't wait even if I think it will come closer. Now don't misunderstand and take a bad shot though.

My comfort zone as far as shooting form a treestand is 35yrd in the woods and the deer has to give the "Perfect" shot at that distance. Sure I could shot out to 50yrds in the back yard and hit the vitals every time but there are no little sticks I can't see and my nerves are calm not like they are when I am shooting a deer exspecially when I first stated bowhunting. Hey, I still get excited to this day and that is why I keep going when I loss that I will quit.

Also do your best to keep as calm as possible when have a deer in range and are going to take the shot. I missed many a deer just becuase I rushed the shot when I was ready to shoot because of my nerves.