HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 08-05-2010, 07:24 AM
raider54
Spike

Originally Posted by hondaguy
Sorry to hear of youre bad luck.I'm a guide in Maine and take many bowhunters hunting.I have a very big rule
in my camp.I need to see you shoot before you hunt period!Some bowhunters can shoot effectively out to 50
or 60 yards,but not many.It is your guides responsability to recognize these things, and to make that call.Some
hunters are great at shooting a target,but can't shoot at wild game under pressure!What I do when I see a client
shooting extremely well in camp is have him run in place for a couple of minutes until I tell him to stop and then
tell him to take a shot within 15 seconds.Usually there heart is pounding so fast they can't even hit the target!
I tell them that this is what will happen when that trophy of a lifetime is in front of them.
Well when I was a Sniper instructor we used to shoot at the students before we had them fire! You know it added a battle field scenario (Realism).......but we were Sniper instructors so you can Imagine how that worked out for the students

I guide hunters all the time, I have never given one of them a marksmanship test to see if they are worthy???? I dont let anyone shoot over our Hog Dogs but that is because you can never predict what a dog is going to do, things happen real fast. But I thought that is why your hunt was over if you wounded an animal???? Outfitter gets his money paying hunter goes home! If I treated people like that I would never get a refferal or a repeat customer. Some people just cant shoot that well while others shoot that paper real well! Just because you can Pin Wheel the 12 ring doesnt mean you can shoot when you are shook up or freezing( Does it??? )