HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats your opinion on Buck Gardner calls?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

The Canada Hammer is a great call. If you get one, spend the money and get the acrylic. The acrylic is more money but less than any other high end call. The plastic one does not sound as good and wears out faster. I have used the the hammer for years. It sounds as good as others and can really get loud. You can set it deep or high in just seconds. One of the very best things about it is...you can clean it in a matter of seconds, put it back together and it is already tuned. You can take it apart in the pit and have it working again in just a few seconds.

If you have goose hunted for very long at all, you have had a call get dirt in it and needed to clean it quick. Bucks Hammer is the absolute best when it comes to that.

Don't even go there with the Double Nasty. The Double Nasty is one of the best duck calls ever. You can buy the cheap plastic one and kill limit after limit. I prefer the acrylic one but you can kill ducks with the plastic one all day long. The plastic one needs to be replaced more often.

I'm not bragging but I am a duck and goose killing fool. I have killed thousands of waterfowl. I learned to blow a goose call and a duck call with Bucks instructional tapes. Thats right, I said tapes, not CD's r DVD's.

Last but not least....I met Buck years ago in Loveland, Colorado. It was right after his heart surgery, He sat down and ate a barbecue dinner with me and my buddy at Colorado Waterfowl Weekend. He even showed me the scar on his chest from his surgery. The difference between Buck and the rest of the call sellers is this.... Buck is trying to make a living but he cares more about the hunter and the sport than he does about his income. He is truly one of the good guys. Buck taught me goose and duck hunting through his instructional tapes but I also grew to love him in his videos. and in one short lunch in Northern Colorado.

If you are new to duck or goose hunting, I highly suggest his calls and his instructional videos.

Edit- I'm sorry I was so long but I am passionate about watefowl hunting and Buck taught me the basics of what made me successful in the sport that I love the most.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 07-28-2010 at 08:08 PM.