HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NAVHDA Test Descriptions...
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 04:19 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

I started reading up on the JGHV, 20 and 40 hr bloodtracking???? And the Hardness Test is another thing entirely! They definitely hold their DK's to a high standard. I think it's awesome that there is such testing especially for breeding rights in the DK organizations. None of that breeding dogs because they are pretty nonesense like what you predominantly find in AKC. I am looking into a DK for my next dog. I was told I could run in JGHV or Navhda but the AKC hunt tests are not intensive enough to prove the dog is worth breeding by their standards. I have no problem with that since I would rather have a dog trained to a higher level than one just good enough to pass in AKC. Speaking of which, I expect to have a Master title on my 2 yr old GSP by this fall. I started in AKC because that was what I was introduced to first but from now on it will be NAVHDA or JGHV, with the dual citizenship pedigree I will have for my female I will run her in AKC after all other requirements are met in one of the other two, I'll run her just for something to do at that point. Thanks for your help Mustad on that info you sent me!