HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what happened to empire hunting webste
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 10:53 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

I would like you or anyone to point me to the law in NYS where you are not allowed to transport a firearm and bow at the same time in a vehicle. If someone is driving to their hunting camp and decides to bring their bow to bowhunt and rifle to sight in for the upcoming gun season, there is no law that I am aware of that would make this illegal. I carried both in my vehicle plenty of times when I used to bowhunt and know plenty of others who do the same. Many hunters bowhunt the day before the gun opener, and then gun hunt the next day. You think these guys drove back home to get the guns?? Now if you are caught with a weapon out in the field while bowhunting, that of course is a whole different ballgame since the law is clear on this.

Since you can do anything you want in Texas, maybe you should move there. Your hunting license may cost less there, but try to find as much available state land there and see if deer hunting in general will cost you less there than it will in NYS?? I don't think so! LOL

Last edited by Steve863; 07-26-2010 at 10:56 AM.