HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Truck Caps
Thread: Truck Caps
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:02 AM
JW
Super Moderator

I can whole heartedly recommend the ARE series and here is why. I researched quite some time before I bought.

I got the biggest cap I could and still get in my garage. I looked at the Z series but wnet with the MX series with the front top cap window gave me that and more head room.
I also had the shop windows put on both sides that have screened slide bys in them a plus. A real plus reaching items in front of the box. Shop windows open just like the back window and are lockable. I have one key for all T type handles.
I use mine to handle dog crates and to be able to be away from the street side to open kennel doors is a plus and safe too.

The front slide window folds down for complete cleaning and is easy to put back up without crawling in the box as I use the shop windows on the sides,

The handles and locking hardware are metal and not plastic. I saw far to many Leer Caps with some type of crack or two especially around the window handle.

I had a set of Yakima roof racks installed which go off and on easily. To the inside of the cap I had it carpeted or lined as I put dogs back there. It cleans easily and I use a garden hose.

The under side of two roof rack mounts I added a galvanized garage door handle bolted in place to hang hunting and rain coats.

I have beat the crap out of this cap now 4 yrs and it is still new looking! It was color coded to the color of my truck which is a F150.

TIP - as it might still work - check out ARE webs or on line and look for a 50 buck coupon or special offers!

JW

Last edited by JW; 07-17-2010 at 08:09 AM.