HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quick for or against (Results tallied up in OP)
Old 07-15-2010, 07:21 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

1) Crossbow use in your states archery season.
2) state imposed antler restrictions.
3) 223rem for deer hunting(within reasonable range).
4) headshots on deer (past 100yds).
5) legally killing animals you dont intend to eat.(meaning unedible game- yotes,coons,diver ducks, etc....)

1) A/F I didn't at first because of the way the PAGC went about implementing it. But I do think it would enable kids to participate in archery who can't draw the required weight back so for that it is good, To provide those with access to a season they had been too lazy to participate in before I say I don't support the lazy whether they are hunters or not.
2) F/A If not for an AR we wouldn't have hardly any deer left, The AR saves some young buck while it also kills off those 1 1/2 yr old bucks with better genetics allowing the scrubs to have a chance to do more breeding
3) F, sure because most that would hunt with such a caliber would most likely be those hunting smaller targets at far ranges. the 223 is easily capable of taking out a person at 500 yds with iron sights, I think a precision shot at 100 is reasonable. If the person is a poor shot they are a poor shot no matter what weapon they use and I don't see the 223 resulting in more unrecovered animals. If you don't feel confident with a small caliber than you would shoot a 30-06/ 7mm or something of the sort.
4) F for reasons I stated above, if the weapon is set up for that range then go for it if you are confident.
5) F How else are you going to control the populations and limit the spread of diseases most these animals carry?