HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grace property hunting club...hardy county wv
Old 07-12-2010, 08:34 PM
bigcountry

Wow, I used to hunt Reeds creek when I hunted hardy. Beens 10 years. I was wondering who owned the private land. They must do alot of deer drives. You always see a bunch of deer running thru reeds first day of gun.

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I've owned a share of grace since its inception in 1986, great hunting once you realize that you need to get off the roads to get away from the nimrods. I've killed several deer and a couple bear on that place, hunt areas like "the spur", "reeds creek", and huckleberry ridge.
The lake (only one on the place you can fish, called stumps run dam) is good bass fishing, useta be a top notch lake for hybrid bream but they've been fished out.

I think there are 465 shares outstanding and the club has right of first refusal so they buy back any shares at less than 8,000.00.
Yes there are rules, you can hunt, fish, cut wood, and ride ATV's on it, No you can't make a food plot without a vote by the shareholders but if you ever saw the place you wouldn't want to make a food plott on those steep ridges anyway.

As far as no deer on the farmland around baker, I'm callin BS, I hunt this area every year, the population is down from years ago but I still see 30-50 deer per day with about 8-15 bucks in the bunch.
Its been established that this area can carry 18-26 deer per square mile, we still have over 40, so they are still overpopulated. Do not expect to see these numbers on grace, its just too desolate and rough to hold that many deer. with a good mast crop you'll see plenty of deer there once you learn to hunt it, and its nothing like anywhere you hunted before.
RR