HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grace property hunting club...hardy county wv
Old 07-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Rem1100
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hillbillyhunter1
thanks for your reply Rem. I've already had a guy call me offering $12,000.00. He called the original seller after our deal, and was forwarded to me. I told him that I wasn't interested in selling but would keep his number...just in case.

If you figure 12,000 acres divided by, let's say 600 (even though I think it is only 500) shares, then a $10,000.00 share is equivalent to 20 acres at $500/acre.

I'd be willing to bet that I could get over 12k just advertising in the moorefield paper (especially as hunting season approaches). Advertise in the DC paper or the valley trader and the market price would be substantially higher. Either way, it doesn't really matter to me as I don't plan on selling anytime soon. I own some other land in Hardy county and this will just free me up to make some objective decisions (as I may be moving West one day) without having to worry about a place to hunt back here should the need arise. I also like the fact that this place has two lakes (flood control dams...like the one there in Mathias) and south fork river frontage....and about 40 spaces to camp in an rv...if one is so inclined.
500/ac would be a steal, IF you could do what you wanted on that parcel of land...but in that club, you can't do that. You have rules to follow,etc, and it's actually more like those time share deals on condos, as far as I can tell. you're paying for the priveledge of using it,and that's about all. you know what I mean, like you can do with your other land..that's YOURS to do with as you see fit. I think I'd rather buy land outright,but like I said, iif that's what you wanted, GREAT!!! As for having ground to hunt should you move West..there's always Monongalia/ Geo. Washington where the pressure is nothing it used to be,say, 10+ years ago... the best hunting in this state is west of I-79...and prolly will be for the foreseeable future. but I'm glad you can turn a buck on should you want to..that's always a good bonus...
did you know that there's gonna be ground sold soon for taxes up there..major parcels that were meant for sub-divisions( that collapsed with the market)?? that's where I'm looking at!!!