HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to catch a trespasser
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:20 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

I would agree, I am 25 and old enough to know how things can go. I got into a argument on Halloween when I was 17. These guys where tossing eggs at us from about 50 feet. I was with some younger kids and I am not the type to just walk away from something. Well I use to be. I told my friends we need to turn around abd beat the **** out of them. Being younger and none of them in a real fight they felt the walking faster idea was better ok well not much I was going to try and do by myself. A few minutes later I got busted in the back by an egg and told my so called friends that was it. I turned around got into a heated argument with the leader and figured 5 on 5 was fair since I knew I could take 2 or 3 of them. When the head guy said I will kill you you fat **** that was the end of it. I busted him in his mouth then his buddy. When he got back up I went back at him tossing punchs back and fourth. When the third guy came at me I was wondering where my buddies where. They where running full speed and two blocks away I was talking three of them pretty good till other two got in and I got wacked in the gut and went down to one knee and the head guy wacked me in the head with a red brick. . I got up dazed and very confused and came to the thought if I did not walk away I was going to die on that block. SO I did and end up a block away on a guy door step waiting for the police dam near falling over. 7 years later and when I scratch the back of my head I get a headach and a shooting pain down the right side and to my forehead.

A fight can go from punchs to bricks to guns quicker then a person thinks. Sure you could be in the hospital or jail there is another place it is called the morgue!!!!!!!!!!

I told my self that night while sitting in a CT machine for 4 hours the next time I got in a fight it would be for life or death not over some worthless reason.

As for the trespasser, I had a issue in KY got two guys on my property with 30-06s "squirrel" hunting When they came up behind my barn a nice talking to with the Ar15 resting on my shoulder did the job. Honestly to me your looking at getting a cop or Conservation officer to do something, a good threat(I hate threats just gives him a reason to shoot you when you in your stand) the good old dam squirrel in a tree reasoning for him, or shoot the guy(who wants to go to prison or atleast have to bury a body where they hunt.
Here is how I would handle it. Call the sheriff, call the fish and wildlife officer or conservation officer here, I do not threat so the next move would be the shooting but I doubt I would kill someone over trespassing. My issue would not be the trespassing but the issue of safety and concern he would opt for the kill you to keep hunting your land. I do not take threats well "read from above"

I am one who would shoot the thieve when he walks in not when he draws his gun and tells me to drop mine. Though still is it worth the trouble. Though I might tell him I have a issue with him on my land because I tend to do rapid fire target shooting with my ASSAULT RIFLES (this works better with said rifle on your arm) Or try and become buddies with him and help him understand your issue. I also like the CAM ON A CAM idea. This season I plan on setting on up from my treestand to avoid it getting stolen a third year in a row.
Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Hard to get much hunting done when you are either in the hospital or serving time for assualt. Bad suggestion - usually from someone who has never been in a real fight.