HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Kybuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Do you even hunt in MD?????

Ok, here's how this works. If you have 1000 hunters hunting that kills an average of 1 deer a year, thats a 1000 deer killed. Are you with me? Ok, you add 20% hunters, which is the estimate they are using up here. (this is not kentucky). Thats means on average 20% more kill. I am not sure if you are able to keep up with that math. Its not calculus.

But the blanket statement that xbow does not change seasons at all, is dead wrong. You even admitted it changed in Ky even. I mean you keep contradicting yourself.

I said xbow made no difference in Ky. They have been making seasons longer and yet the xbow only makes up 1 percent of the kills. They keep making the seasons longer so more deer may be taken. Come back next year and eat your words when MDs harvest doesn't go up 20% because of the xbow. If it goes up 20 % I will eat my words...Is that fair enough. Or will you crawdaddy next year?

Many said the same thing when it was passed here but just didnt work out that way. One guy that was like you and was mad a hornet even admitted to me a couple years after the xbow season was passed that it has not made any difference.