HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM
noidurism
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by cartman308
blahblahblahblbhalbhalbh

You can tell the people that have never used a crossbow............

Go ahead and allow them in the NORMAL archery season. It won't change anything. Last time I check Ohio has allowed crossbows for many many years. Big, no HUGE bucks are taken there every year.

Fact is crossbows (most of them, there are a couple exceptions with VERY large price tags) have equal range (at best) as a modern compound.

Modern compounds are EASIER to move through the woods with.

Modern compounds are typicaly FASTER than crossbows (yes there are some VERY EXPENSIVE exceptions).

Modern compounds are quieter.

Modern compounds are easier to shoot without a rest (as in sandbags, tree, etc not an arrow rest).

The "slob hunter" everyone is so afraid of will by a cheap crossbow, take it hunting. miss three deer at 75+ yards. Cuss the POS crossbow and never go hunting again with it.

If you ever used a crossbow you know that they are not an advantage. I wont use on until I have to.
yes here in ohio we've had crossbows legal probably longer than any other state and we have never had (to my knowledge) a problem with deer being over hunted. in fact our deer herd is still growing very well after 2 yrs. of record harvests. here in defiance county they just increased our limit of 2 deer to 4 deer this year. ohio has an excellent deer management program. and i also realize this is a great habitat state for deer which helps, but even so, once again we have an excellent management program. we also don't have all this bickering(unless it's about careless,unethical hunters). yes some still don't like crossbows or bows or shotguns or muzzleloaders etc.. they all have their own preference. if you are worried about over hunted deer your state should get/use a better management program. and yes i know some states don't have as good a population or habitat but as i just said......and for the sake of one of the arguements yes compounds and recurve takes a little more skill/work/practice- so what- we are all out in the woods for the same purpose no matter which legal weapon we choose. so you shouldn't be worried about and saying the crossbows will bring in too many hunters and over hunt deer when it hasn't even happened, and you can't say that it will. you don't have to like cb's but you will have to accept them when it's legal to use them. and as i said in my previous reply. if you want cb's to have their own season then don't cry and complain about how short your bow season is or when it starts/stops because you will hate that alot more. opc orn: