HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow Press for BowTech Destroyer 350?
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 01:48 AM
cartman308
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mgrt67
Went to my local bowshop over the weekend, who was supposed to be a dealer according to the bowtech website, but he didnt have a single bowtech bow. Said their customer service is horrlbe and this is why he stopped carrying them. Bowtech needs to keep their dealer list current, not sure why this is so difficult for manufactures to do, but most of them seem out of date. Not sure about their service, they have emailed me back answering my questions, so I have no issues yet.

The shop had a Sureloc Express and it had a really hard time with the Destroyer. It took him many tries and setup changes on his press to get this bow pressed. The really large cams and the brackets on top of the limbs were the issue. Going to email Bowtech again to find out if it's ok to press the bow on the tip of the limb on top of the cam bracket. I'm leaning towards getting the Last Chance EZ-press.

Also, finally got to shoot my new bow and I love it! Shooting at 55 pounds, the draw cycle is pretty smooth for a huge double cam bow. I was impressed with the speed, and lack of sound and vibration. Very happy with my purchase.
I say the dealers are more to blame for poor customer service than bowtech. The two shops around me that sell BT have nothing but good to say about how they are treated by BT.

Like I said in another thread. If you have the coin the Last Chance easy press is the way to go. IMHO it is horribly overpriced though. Look at the materials and the consturction and tell me it cost them anywhere near 6 bones to build. I know they need to make a profit but com'on!