HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Face my treestand uphill or downhill???
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 05:33 AM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
If they are coming downhill towards you, will you be at eye level with the deer? Depending on how close and how much of an incline the hill is would determine where I would set up. I usually set up where I can see the deer coming in advance rather than sitting facing the opposite way and having them sneak in behind me.
Yes, the deer will absolutely be at eye level w/ your treestand if they are uphill from the tree youre sitting in, and yes, the distance they will be at eye level, will be determined by how steep the hill is. The deer coming downhill towards you, is just one scenario to prepare for, they could be traveling downhill, uphill, or along the side, at any given time. To me, setting up w/ the stand facing down hill, covers all the base's since if theyre coming from down hill, the tree will hide your silhouette, if they are traveling uphill, you will be well above their normal line of sight. As far a seeing the deer coming in advance, the only way to do that, is to constantly rotate your neck around like an owl to scan the woods in every direction.