HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer from the blind...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Whitetailmadness
Spike

I typically build my blinds out of natural surroundings such as small diameter deadfalls. I construct them usually with 4 sides or at least a full triangle. It's much like building a log cabin of sorts using standing trees to interlock the sides for stability. I only go high enough so that when seated only my head and neck are exposed above the top. Some of my blinds are at least 6 foot square so I have som room to move, and kick back in the dark and await the rising sun. All of my constructing takes place in the Spring so that passing deer have ample time to become acustomed to the blind being there when Fall rolls in. I've had deer pass me me (no kidding) as close as 10 feet not yards and never knew I was there. One evening espeacially I had 7 does come off of the mountain,and I was perched with the rifle on the side of the blind just waiting for them to pass in the hopes of a buck following. All 7 ame straight towards me and by my left at 10 feet and were none the wiser. That in itself was as exciting for me as taking a deer.