HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opinions about shooting reloads
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 09:21 AM
skb2706
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
How would you guys make these measurements?? COAL means nothing. Either the cartridge will chamber. Or it will not. If it chambers then COAL is meaningless. How would you know what kind of powder it is?? Your best guess?? Shells in a bag?? When was the last time you put shells in a bag?? I put mine in a well protected plastic box?? I am amazed at the unsafe practices you guys are saying is worth the chance. But ha-the bag has writing on it--certainly that makes it safe?? Are you serious??

No doubt. The ammo is probably fine. I would say 99% of the time or more the ammo will be fine. But that does not make it safe to take that 1% chance. It really is that simple. If a shooter is so hard up that he has to take that chance, then he really should stay home and not shoot.

Sometimes I am just amazed at some of the advice that is given. Take a couple apart and check them?? What on earth does that mean?? Do you think the OP has reloading experience?? Unbelievable.

If the OP has reloading experience then it is simple. Pull the bullet, size the case if necessary and use new powder. That would be the cheapest way to be safe, and save the components. But if the OP does not have reloading experience then how do you suggest he checks how they were loaded??

I can not believe a moderator has not jumped in on this one.

This is basic reloading 101 stuff. Tom.
It wasn't advise ...in was in response to what I would do. Nothing more.

I certainly glad we have you to save the day. I am quite sure I could figure a way to not waste much of it.