HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crooked game wardens bewhere!!!!
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 05:25 PM
bjess
Spike

RAB123 and ELWAY7 it is easy for you to say don't go to Canada because it is not you who were charged.
Also, it is a whole lot cheaper and more affordable to go to Quebec and hunt 2 caribou per license then to go to Alaska.
I wonder how many people would have ever hunted a caribou if it wasn't for the prices to go to Quebec.
People are people, what guarantee's that the same thing couldn't happen in Alaska?
There is due process and everything else if you follow the simple instructions on the ticket, if you ignore them...well, what can I say.
I don't know if these guys are guilty or not and at this point it really doesn't matter and I also don't know how old they are.
But by not paying the fines they cannot ever go back to Canada...and for what? $638.00.
When I was at Mirage, I went 1 day early and the majority of people there were Americans, they were finishing there hunts and new guys were coming in the next day. Everyone was happy and had a great time, they all got there caribou and never had or heard of any trouble with game wardens.
The same thing went for the new group coming in, everyone had a great time, we all got our caribou even though the pickings were thin but we made some great American friends.
If these guys truly don't plan on going back to Canada ever again for the rest of their lives then I agree, don't pay the fine as you say you are not guilty.
But.....taking Canada away from your hunting experience for the rest of your life, to me it would be worth paying the $638.00 and being able to go back again year after year for some great hunting experiences, but that's just me, maybe to you and them it's not. I can bet you though that going to Alaska will cost a whole lot more then going to Quebec even if you add the $638.00 on top of the trip.
Lets also remember that of all the people who went to Quebec these guys are the only ones who seemed to have a problem, read all the 200 pages and there is not one first hand account of anyone else having a problem over about 5 years.
There are posts of guys who have gone up every year for 10 years or so and they have never had a problem, just these guys, maybe there is more to it then you know or will ever know.
I can tell you that we saw the game wardens in the resident area, but never saw any in the area we all could hunt in 5 days.
Just because you have one guy making a post like he did and hearing one side of the story doesn't make his story right or even true for that matter.