HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 06:16 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sproulman
i believe that pgc/dcnr said clinton county could hold 11 dpsm.we are at 3 dpsm.this pisses me off to no end.i would be very happy camper if we had 11 dpsm.............
Here you go sproul.In 2008,hunters reported killing 2.44 doe per square mile and 1.79/spquare mile in district 10(Sproul state forest)with dmap tags.That doesn't include bucks and that doesn't include doe that were harvested using regular antlerless tags.It's also a reported harvest,not a calculated harvest.I think it's obvious that hunters are killing as many if not more than 3 dpsm in Clinton county.If that's the case,and the evidence points that way,there's no way you could have a dd of only 3 dpsm.Also,a large adult doe mortality is being done there.I forget exactly how many adult doe have been collared but I believe the last I saw,at least 175 have been trapped and collared.The last report I read,showed that less than 8% of the adult doe are being harvested by hunters in that region.Your doom and gloom stories about these large crews of guys combing the hillsides and killing every last deer just don't wash.