HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time To Turn The PGC Into Scrap!!
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 05:06 AM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gunplummer
What a lot of nonsense the game commission is pushing. Before this circus started, we allegedly had 38 deer per square wooded mile in this state. Year after year of record harvests and it still stayed at 38 deer per square wooded mile. Even the clowns at the commission can not believe that is possible. The game commission admits they can not get an elk count without snow, somehow they know exactly how many deer there is in the state. An elk is almost three times the size of a deer and inhabits a very small area compared to deer. Am I the only one that sees something wrong there? Bigger deer my ass. The quality of deer where I hunt has gone down since this reduction started. I have old Game News with pictures of big, heavy deer from Potter and other northern counties taken in the 60s. The game commission did studies in the 50s,60s,70s ........and still can't get it right.
Please post a link where the PGC claims to know exactly how many deer are out there.They estimate the size of the herd based on harvest estimates.For years,the was no way to do that with elk because there was no season.The elk were also concentrated in a a few small areas of the state which made ariel counts possible.Regardless,those counts were still an estimate.